The Carpet Foundation
Wessex Carpets are a proud member of The Carpet Foundation.
Carpet Foundation Retail Members provide expert, impartial advice. We promote carpet generically and promote best practice in carpet retailing.
The Code of Practice
The Code of Practice approved by the Trading Standards Institute incorporates the highest retail selling standards and gives you absolute reassurance when purchasing a carpet from a Carpet Foundation Member.
- It applies to all carpet sold by a Carpet Foundation Member (excluding rugs).
- Written terms of business must be given prior to the purchase.
- Consumers who cancel an order “on reasonable grounds” should not be penalised.
- Verbal estimates of the cost must be supported by a written quotation which will show the total cost.
- Deposits of up to 50% of the order price will be protected by The Carpet Foundation.
- Free extended 2 year guarantees are provided by Carpet Foundation manufacturers for manufacturing faults and pile reversal.
- There is an agreed complaints resolution process and timetable.
- A free conciliation service is provided by the Carpet Foundation.
- Low cost arbitration is provided.
- Carpet Foundation Members are regularly monitored to ensure they do deliver the right service.
- There is a non-compliance arrangement to deal with those retailers who breach requirements of the Code.